Thursday, February 4, 2010

So. The name of the blog is chucka-nuts...

Cooper, just out of school, runs into my office and slaps two tiny seeds on the desk.
“Look Dad! I found two chucka-nuts!”
James: “What are chucka-nuts?”
Cooper: “Those are chucka-nuts.”
James: “Where did they come from?”
Cooper: “A chucka-nut tree.”
James: “Oh. What do you do with them?”
Cooper: “What do you mean?”
James: “If I planted them, what would grow?”
Cooper: (becoming impatient), “A chucka-nut tree.”
James: “What’s a chucka-nut tree?”
Cooper: (obviously exasperated - speaking slowly as to a small child)“A – tree – that – grows - chucka-nuts.”

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started this blog! We have one for Claire too and its like a virtual baby book. I can always look back at pictures, videos, stories, etc. and remember the things I have always forgotten. Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete